Viral Video: Man proposing marriage to his girlfriend at Ayala Centrio Mall in CDO

A video showing a man proposing marriage to his girlfriend at Ayala Centrio Mall in Cagayan de Oro City has gone viral on social media.
A service crew member at Jeshurun Print and Copy Services, James Babiera collaborated with his friends to plan the event where he would ask for the hand of the woman he loves, Princes Herge Miones, a student of Xavier University School of Medicine.
In the video, Babiera and Miones were approaching their friends at the mall’s activity area. She was initially clueless until she noticed that her boyfriend was already holding a microphone and started singing the Beatles hit “I Will” as more of their relatives and friends gathered, bringing with them some balloons.
The man then performed an original composition and after which delivered a heartwarming message for his girlfriend.

“It was in year 2005 that we started texting, I was very happy that we’re both family friends,” Babiera said in vernacular. “That time you called me ‘Dear’ but I got jealous because I thought I was the only one. However, I found out that you also called your friends ‘Dear’ that’s why I changed it to ‘My Best’.”
“You’re from Mati, I’m from CDO…we’re far from each other…yet we entered into a long distance relationship,” he continued. “Some say that long distance relationships don’t last, but I say Romans 8:31: ‘If God is for us, who can be against us?’”
The guy also cited the verse from 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 which states: “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never ends.”
Babiera then pulled a ring from his pocket, knelt on one knee and popped the big question. Of course, Miones answered in the affirmative.
Previous
Next Post »